Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) from your web portal, your workstation and even your mobile
Evidian Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) offers several intuitive procedures to securely allow end-users to reset their Windows password from their web portal, their workstation or their mobile.
Evidian Self-Service Password Reset features enable users to change their Windows password securely, connected or not connected to the network, without having to contact the helpdesk. The solution provides a large range of authentication methods and full audit trails to demonstrate the implementation of the password policy.
Return on Investement (ROI) with Evidian Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR)
One helpdesk call for a password reset costs around 15 euros and is time-consuming (about 20 minutes). Three to four password resets are performed per employee and year. A self-service password reset reduces this cost and frees up your IT and helpdesk.
The return on investment with Evidian SSPR is a question of weeks, taking in account decrease of helpdesk cost and increase of user productivity.
Security of Evidian Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR)
Evidian SSPR supports secure intuitive workflows identifying the user with several multi-factor authentication methods: Questions and Answers, Scan of a QR-Code, Confirmation code sent via email or SMS, Push notification on mobile and subsequently executes the reset of a new password or generates a temporary password.
Rapid User Adoption
By enabling One-Time Password verifications via mobile with Push notification, SMS, e-mail for identity verification, an organization is able to increase end-user adoption rates of Self- Service Password Reset up to 98%.
With Evidian Self-Service Password Reset, users have access to an intuitive procedure, from a web portal or from their workstation, in order to securely reset and unlock their Windows password without having to contact the helpdesk.
Low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Use your company’s existing LDAP/Active Directory infrastructure
Evidian SSPR relies on your existing Active Directory. Thus, you do not need to synchronize identities, once installed all employees can benefit immediately from the secure SSPR feature.
Evidian Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) offers a large range of intuitive secure procedures (non-exhaustive list):
- Answering pre-defined questions (Q&A) with or without an available network and without contacting the helpdesk.
- Scanning a QR Code with Evidian QRentry App with or without an available network and without the helpdesk (no network connectivity is required from the mobile neither from the workstation nor from the mobile).
- Using a one-time password sent via email without involving the helpdesk (network required).
- Using a one-time password sent via SMS without involving the helpdesk (network required).
- Validating a notification received on the user’s mobile via Mobile Push without involving the helpdesk (network required).
- Using a challenge response mechanism when the reset password is used.
Audit and reports
- The solution provides a full audit trail of WHO resets a Windows password WHEN and from WHERE.
- Reports can be generated based on these audit trails.
- These reports can help demonstrate that your password change policy is effectively implemented.
- They can also be used to prove the return on investment.
Evidian QRentry App allows you to secure the SSPR via Mobile push notification or scan of a QR code, completing the classical methods based on Q&A, OTP via email and OTP via SMS.
Secure your Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) for Windows access with a QR code
With QRentry™, your users have access to a secure SSPR just by scanning a QR Code™. QRentry is an Evidian Multi Factor Authentication method that drastically reduces helpdesk costs:
- Users do not have to memorize an alternative secret like with Q&A for example. Owning the smartphone is enough.
- Neither the smartphone nor the workstation need to be online. Users unlock their own access, even if they cannot reach the helpdesk.
- Thanks to the intuitive interface of QRentry, users register their smartphones themselves in a very simple and secure way. Authenticating with QRentry is very simple and straightforward. Thus, IT tasks are limited to the monitoring of the solution (all password reset attempts are stored in a central location).
Users can also unlock their Windows session if they lose their smartcard or authentication token without having to generate a new secret. QRentry is the ideal partner for using strong authentication, which generates numerous calls to the helpdesk such as “lost smartcard” or “biometrics not working“.
A push notification instead of a QR code
When connectivity issues are not a problem, then the scan of a QR Code can be replaced with a push notification. Just by validating an authentication notification on the smartphone, users can approve the SSPR request and then define a new Windows password.
This push notification is also managed by the QRentry application.
Rapid user adoption
The use of QR Codes or push notifications is natural for your employees. Several countries are reaching 100 % of smartphone per user rates. Thus QRentry is an authentication method at the state of the art, which your end-users will greatly appreciate. QRentry will also modernize your company processes.